SEMLOL-L Discussion List
SEMLOL-L is a moderated open discussion list. Anyone with an interest in the activities of SEMLOL may subscribe - you don't need to work at a member institution. To subscribe, please click on the following link: http://freelists.org/list/semlol-l
All subscribers to SEMLOL-L must follow the listserv policies.
SEMLOL-L Listserv Policy Statement
The SEMLOL-L listserv provides an electronic forum for the dissemination of information pertaining to subjects of interest to librarians. Postings may include announcements, educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, and meetings), questions and discussion specific to library-related topics. Any views or opinions expressed in e-mails (and attachments) posted to the listserv are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the SEMLOL Executive Board. SEMLOL accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by users. SEMLOL is a non-profit, professional organization. Therefore listserv postings that promote or advertise goods or services are forbidden.
The SEMLOL-L Listserv is a moderated listserv. "Moderation" is a process by which email messages sent to the list must be approved by the List Moderator before being sent to the list. Posts are moderated for adherence to list guidelines. The listserv moderator does not exercise editorial control.
By joining this e-mail listserv and communication group, you agree to follow the guidelines set by the Executive Board.
SEMLOL-L listserv guidelines:
- Only subscribers to the SEMLOL-L Listserv can post messages.
- Keep postings within the scope of the list. The SEMLOL-L Listserv should be used for messages of professional interest to librarians and information professionals. If your message is outside of the field of librarianship, it probably doesn't belong on the SEMLOL-L Listserv.
- Post reasonably and responsibly.
- Please respect other subscribers of the listserv.
- Be courteous and respectful.
- Please refrain from personal attacks.
- Do not post defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material.
- Keep it readable.
- Please use descriptive headings in the subject line for all messages that you post to the listserv.
- When writing a message, keep it brief and state the purpose in the first paragraph.
- Give your postings a full signature including your name, email, address, title, and institutional affiliation.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Posting someone's home address or phone number or posting private or personal information without permission is not allowed.
- Keep it relevant.
- Please use this listserv only to communicate event information, news and items of interest to SEMLOL members.
- Keep out spam.
- Posts from emails not registered with the SEMLOL-L listserv are reviewed and approved at the discretion of the SEMLOL-L listserv moderator. The listserv moderator will typically catch spam and unwanted emails. Other postings may be permitted at the discretion of the listserv moderator.
- SEMLOL reserves the right to cancel the subscription of any user who does not abide by these guidelines. Moderation or cancellation is at the discretion of the SEMLOL Executive Board.
- The SEMLOL Executive Board reserves the right to modify these guidelines.